The PurePower PP5501 power unit combines powerful suction and self-cleaning filtration to remove dust and other allergens from your home. It features a sleek design that can fit into small spaces such as a closet or utility room and is suitable for cleaning areas between 1,000 and 4,000 sq. ft.; The PP5501 operates quietly and is virtually silent when vacuuming if it is installed in a basement or garage.
- Delivers 550 air watts of power to ensure deeper cleaning than conventional upright vacuums; UL listed for your confidence
- Large 6 U.S. Gal. disposable bag (only needs to be emptied every 6 months on average) traps dust and bacteria better than ever; uses NuTone model 391 vacuum bags
- Large ergonomic latches on the debris pail make emptying your central vacuum easier – debris pail handles flip open to remove the disposable bag for a quick and easy debris disposal
- Thru-flow motor combined with sound-absorbing high-performance material and assembly techniques make these vacuums among the quietest in the industry ensuring quiet operation that won’t disturb the household while you vacuum; no muffler required
- 5 year warranty with support from an award winning customer service team
- Multi direction vacuum connection for easy installation even in small spaces; 6 ft. power cord included for even more convenience
- Wall-mount bracket for simple, safe and secure mounting
- Residential use only
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
Purchased this as a replacement for an older model whose motor burned out. This model has so far worked as well as the old one it replaced. Features that I like are the smaller size and quieter operation. The features that I don’t like are that the intake and exhaust ports are located differently from the earlier model, only by a little bit, but still requiring re-piping of the lines to the unit. Also, the earlier model had a clear plastic “window” so that you could easily see when the bag was full. This one requires removal of the canister which is much more difficult for my wife to do.
My old one was almost 30 years old. This one has more foam in it to make it quiet. The old one seemed to have more room for the bag. The new one is more plastic. The old one was bigger and made of metal. The old one had a place to put the hose in direct. I did like that feature. I do hop it holds up as well. It was not hard to assemble. I did need to make a few adjustment for the piping to work. It came by UPS and was here before the due date.
I bought my first NuTone central vac when I built my house in 1985. It lasted until July, 2019 (34 years). During that time I did have to replace the brushes in the motor once. The new one is more powerful and does a great job. Look forward to it lasting as long. That means, given my age, it will outlast me.
The unit’s motor broke after 2 months of use. It was under warranty and the repair shop said this unit’s motor was too weak for what it was designed for and can easily overload and burn itself out.